Saturday, March 14, 2009

Waffle Cookies

When I was little my mom used to make waffle cookies. I remember we would get out her heavy waffle iron and it took forever to make all the cookies. My favorite part about this cookie is the frosting. Today was Jeremy, Ava and Emma's first experience with waffle cookies and all three approved, especially Ava.

Waffle Cookies

7 Tbls cocoa

1 cup butter- melt and add cocoa

Beat 4 eggs

Add 1 1/2 cup sugar

Combine chocolate mixture with eggs and sugar in a medium bowl.

Add:

2 cups flour

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp vanilla

Mix well, drop small Tbls in waffle iron, bake one minute

(my cookies needed 20 seconds longer)


Frosting

In a sauce pan melt 5 Tbls of butter and add

2 Tbls of cocoa

1/4 cup milk

1/2 cup sugar

In a larger bowl add 1 1/2 -2 cups powdered sugar, beat with beaters


The cookies are soft and the frosting is delicious.



1 comment:

Anisha said...

I have never heard of a waffle cookie, I'll have to give it a try.