Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Fankle (fat ankle)

Poor Jeremy. He had a little accident while playing basketball Monday morning. He came home and this was our conversation
Jeremy, Owww!, I sprained my ankle again.
Natalie: Oh, honey, are you okay?
Jeremy: NO! I need to lay down.
Natalie: Oh let me see, yup it looks pretty swollen.
Jeremy: Can you get me some ibuprofen?
Natalie: Sure. ( I am trying to get ready to go to work.)
Jeremy: Can you get me some ice to put on my ankle.
Natalie: Of course, honey.
Jeremy: I need another pillow to go under my knee.
Natalie: I will get it right now.
Jeremy: How am I going to take care of the girls today, can you stay home from work?
Natalie: Uhh, hmm, I think you will be okay. You can call me if you need me to come home.
Jeremy: I can't believe you are leaving me home with the girls like this. It hurts so bad.

As I am getting ready to walk out the door, he is trying to get up and get something to eat.
Later on when I get home from work I find he and the girls made it through the day just fine. Jeremy is crawling around to keep weight off his ankle and Emma is following him where ever he goes. That night I asked Jeremy if he needed a real pain pill to sleep well and he said he didn't think that the pain was that bad. Fewh! Another almost catastrophe avoided.







Jeremy is not very excited about his ankle- as you can see.

2 comments:

I'm Dani said...

Ouch! It looks like he pulled a tendon. That hurts so bad. Poor guy.

Anisha said...

I'll say that looks bad. Poor guy