Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Babies!

Ava and Emma turned 1 today. I always had a idea of how their birthday would be a well planned and organized affair. Well, we planned a little, organized a little and rushed around a lot. But I don't think the girls noticed. At the end of the evening, I think they were most excited about unwrapping Aunt Janice's gift that was covered in gold metallic paper.
The cakes
Ava isn't very excited about her party hat.


Emma loves the cake.

Ava loves frosting.
Emma's cake goatee


Emma is thinking, "Uhh, ohh, I got caught."

Ok, Ava likes cake too.


This clip is just after we finished singing happy birthday, I had to blow the candles out and remove them from the cake before I could let them dig in.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

I my goodness!! How cute is that,I can't believe they are 1!! After the first year time flies by even faster.(I hate it..)It looks like they had a great day though. It was so fun the other night at Darin and Karen's birthday party,I was able to visit with Emily and we talked about how we can't wait to see those babes again! Yes,Lacey has to have a bow in her hair everyday,her brother choose one for her every morning! They think she's not a girl without one!!! but I can't wait tell she really has hair to do little piggies!!fun,fun!

The Davis Family said...

Happy Birthday Ava and Emma! It's crazy how fast that first year flies by - even with all of the NICU stuff. Your girls are doing great and are both adorable!

Michelle W. Nate said...

They are so cute. Well, you have double cuteness, but how was the double clean up? It was all worth it though I am sure.

Heidi Bitsch said...

What cute cute cute little girls you have. Happy Birthday to your beautiful babies!

jen said...

I wish we could have been there! It looks like it was lots of fun! Loved how Emma was patting the cake.

Anisha said...

They are just the cutest! I wish I could see them in person. Looks like a great first birthday.
Much love
anisha