Saturday, August 8, 2009

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary...

So since I always post about the girls I thought I show you a little of my garden. I have never had a garden before. I have however had many failed attempts at growing things in pots. So I was super excited to try this year. Our yard is growing great. If you notice the marigolds that are around my garden have grown way more than I expected.

I couldn't figure out how to show how tall they were but at the bottom of the picture is my cuff of my short sleeve shirt. Yes, they are that tall.

This is my sad little corn patch. It's been blown over few time and most of the tassel has actually been blown off. So I have ears on the stocks but they are still very skinny. So we will see.



Marigolds.

This is my pumpkin. It has a mind of its own. It's totally running everything over. I have given it a few trims, but it still keeps growing and growing.

'Lil pumpkin

This was my second cucumber plant that I started. The first one turned sort of a rust color and died.


Jeremy insisted we have sunflowers. So here they are the fence behind them is 15'.


My cherry tomato is overtaking the corn.
little cherry tomatoes


I started my green and hot peppers from seed. I think I started them late but I saw flowers on them this last week so we should have lots of peppers.

Monster pumpkin plant


marigolds
The garden from afar.

4 comments:

The Foster's said...

You go Miss Mary, your garden looks awesome. It's the best ever, we love ours. Just wait and see how much you save not having to buy all that yummy stuff;)

morgan taylor said...

that is a really good garden.... have me baby sit again..... we have a garden at my house in front and it is so big,,,, good job

Anisha said...

great garden! It is so fun to see things grown before your eyes. I'm amazed that I planted a tiny seed and now I'm eating full ears of corn. WOW!

Heidi said...

That is so awesome! I think by the looks of it your garden is out doing mine. I love watching everything grow. It kinda seems magical!!!
Did you ever think when we were kids we would be bragging about our gardens in a few years?! Makes me giggle! :)